The Alexandria Chamber of Commerce awarded local business leaders Tuesday morning during its annual meeting and State of Business breakfast.
The event, which was sold out, included business and community leaders, Mayor Bill Euille and Rep. Jim Moran. The keynote speaker was Ángel Cabrera, president of George Mason University, and the event highlighted chamber contributions to the Alexandria’s business and nonprofit communities.
- Committee Chair of the Year: John McManus, Virginia Commerce Bank
- Board Member of the Year: Joseph Collum, Burke & Herbert Bank
- Rising Star Award: Lauren O’Brien, Wells Fargo Advisors and Virginia Kinneman, Kinneman Insurance
- Member of the Year Award: Oscar Wiygul, Wiygul Automotive
- Chairman’s Award: John J. Renner II, Renner and Company, CPA, PC
- Chamber Staff Award: C. Thomas Hicks, Dimuro Ginsberg, PC
- Chamber Staff Award: David Kaszowicz, nSource IT
- Chairman’s Pin: Jay Palermino, Alexandria Chamber of Commerce
The 2014 chairman elect is Joe Haggerty of United Way Worldwide. Joining the board of the directors in 2013 are:
- Harry Baldwin, Goodwin House
- Walter Clarke, Burke and Herbert Bank
- Nick Gehrig, Redmon, Peyton & Braswell, LLP
- Eric Nelson, Artfully Chocolate